Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day Delights

Happy Father's Day to three of the most amazing men:  my father, my husband, and father-in-law!!!

I found this free printable door hanger for Father's Day Room Service (see the pic above) here:  http://733blog.blogspot.com/2011/06/fathers-day-room-service.html .  You simply download, print, and add yummy menu items - then let dad pick what he wants for his breakfast on Father's Day.   So, you may ask, what scrumptious fare did my husband choose from the list I gave him?  The wonderful father of my children breakfasted on Grand Marnier French Toast, Baked Egg Custard with Gruyere and Chives and Irish Coffee (he picked orange juice too, but unfortunately it seemed to have gone bad so I had to throw it out). 

The menu may sound fancy, but all the dishes were pretty easy to make and most of the prep could be done the night before too which is a huge plus in my book!  The recipes are on http://www.epicurious.com/ if you are interested in trying some of them yourself. 

In addition to a lovely breakfast, we also presented him with a pretty wonderful card (because homemade cards made by one's own children are often like that) and some homemade chipolte peach gummi bears (more on that later this week).

We capped off the day with another round of delights:  Rib-eye Steaks with Blue Cheese and Toasted Walnut Butter, Sweet Potato Fries, Tomato & Avocado with Feta salad, and rich Chocolate Stout Cake with Hershey's Dark Chocolate Frosting.  Yep, it was good.  Very good.  :)  In fact, one could find oneself wishing that Father's Day was more than a once-a-year occurrence.   :)  And I am here to tell you - it CAN be.  :)  Just choose another day and celebrate all over again - I doubt your husband or father would mind. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment