Monday, July 11, 2011

Wedding Shower Cakes

Well, I did not get around to making any "special" snack this past week because I was helping out with a church wedding shower for a wonderful couple!  So I was too busy making this...

 AND this...
(There were actually three cakes but the third was just another rose cake so I did not include it in the pictures.)
 
The rose cakes are SOOOOOOOOooo easy to make and just require one type of decorating tip - yep, you read that right - just one tip:  1M.  I have been wanting to try it ever since I saw the pictures and read the tutorial here:  http://iammommy.typepad.com/i_am_baker/2011/02/rose-cake-tutorial.html . 

This gal is just such an amazing, creative, fun blogger - and did I mention inspiring?  She just makes the most wonderful things that look so complex but CAN be made by those of us who don't have a cake decorating class under our belts yet.  So head over there sometime this week and take a peek - I think you will be pleased you did!!  :)

As for the other cake, I decorated that with some additional tips I had.  My dear hubby bought me a huge cake decorating kit for my birthday (I have added a few tips since then), and it was way more than what I expected and came with a lot of tools that I have been learning to use and love!  I posted a link to the one caddy kit I believe is the same as the one he bought for me in a local craft store (check your local craft store and if they offer 40% off a regular price item coupon, use that for a substantial discount!).  I also posted a link to a smaller decorating kit and to a tool that makes a huge difference if you are interested in getting that really even surface for cakes - a cake leveler!  :)  The larger caddy includes a leveler I believe, but you would have to double check on that!  :)  Happy cake decorating!!  :)



Linking to:
http://www.thegirlcreative.com/
http://sumossweetstuff.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

  1. Those look so beautiful!! You are so talented

    ReplyDelete